Join in with a family yoga session in the unique setting of the Abbey ruins in the Abbey Gardens, Bury St Edmunds.Part of the Abbey 1000 celebrations, these family sessions offer a unique opportunity to take part in a yoga practice in the ruins of the Abbey church.
These sessions are suitable for all abilities, and will include a combination of movement and mindfulness suitable for all ages.
An explicit aim of these sessions will be to teach children specific coping skills they can use in daily life. These skills are:
- Anxiety alleviation (‘I can cope with things using breathing exercises’)
- Balance (‘we all wobble emotionally as well as physically sometimes - and this is ok’)
- Gratitude (‘no matter how difficult our lives can be, we can always find something to be grateful for’)
- Self-acceptance (‘I am enough’)
- Non-harm (‘I will be kind to myself and others in thoughts and actions’).
- Sessions will last 45 mins
- Meet next to the crypt in the Abbey Gardens
- Suitable for ages 10+
- Ages 13 & under must be accompanied by an adult
Please note: Parents/Guardians will need to register in advance and sign a disclaimer for themselves and on behalf of any under 18s that are attending. We will need children’s names, addresses & ages.
Participants should bring:
- A yoga mat if you have one, or a towel or blanket if you don’t have a mat
- A drink
- A warm jumper or fleece (just in case)
These sessions are weather dependent.
Thursday 28 July, Thursday 4 August, Thursday 11 August, Thursday 18 August, Thursday 25 August
Free of charge
Registration required - visit the Jordanna Offers Yoga website
Abbey Gardens, Bury St Edmunds
This event is promoted by Abbey 1000 and funded by Heritage Lottery Fund.