History, myth and language combine to explore how, why and where The Lord of the Rings story began.Find out about the links between Tolkien and the Anglo-Saxon world on a guided tour.
After a break to explore the village and museum, enjoy a lavishly illustrated talk on Tolkien’s original inspiration for Middle Earth. Find out how this vision was developed on the film set in New Zealand and the widely acclaimed fan film about Aragorn’s family set in West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village. The session includes a chance to see and handle some replicas from the films.
This is part of a series entitled ‘Our Story’.
- This is partly an outdoor event so please wear sensible clothing.
- The event is suitable for adults and/or accompanied young people 12 years and over; all must be paying participants.
- Please meet at the West Stow Visitor Centre 10 minutes before session start time.
- This event will go ahead in most weather conditions apart from extreme wind and/or rain.
- Parking: Normal parking fees apply (£2 for the day)
The Lord of the Rings themed family challenge 'Ring Quest'
is also taking place, between Saturday 15 February and Sunday 23 February. More details can be found here
£15 per person
Essential - use the 'Book now' button or call 01284 758000
West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village
This event is promoted by Arnor Heritage Projects.